Sunday, September 4, 2016

Grand Re-Opening

Actually, I'm going to be using this website again for my art.  I'll link it to my other blogs
when I post what I'm working on.  Trying to keep the art blog for work.

I can't believe it's been three years since I posted on this blog.

I’ve been working on this landscape painting trying to get it finished.  It has frustrated me to no end.  I’ve painted over it 3x and that is all, no more!   I will finish it from the present and final paint over.  I took pictures of it in each stage and Chuck likes the 2nd better than the last but it’s too late now.  This is the one he said he liked the best.



 This is the one that I have to work from now.  I think this one captures the light better from the actual photo.  

I think I’ve let this painting take too much of my time because I was planning to give it to someone and I was concerned with it being judged harshly by other family members.  That popped into my head when I was getting frustrated today.  I also realized it doesn’t matter what anyone except the recipient thinks.


One of my friends worries about what others think of her work and sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t.  I guess I feel that way depending on who is critiquing it.  I’ve got to get over that, seriously!

I'm hoping to be able to get enough work done to start posting on here regularly again.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment